RBC & UNIVERSITIES CANADA
The RBC Indigenous Awards program is made possible by a donation from the RBC Foundation in support of RBC Future Launch. Universities Canada handles the application, evaluation, selection and payment processes for this program. Scholarship Partners Canada, a group within Universities Canada, is the administrator of this scholarship program.
Universities Canada is strongly committed to your privacy and complies with the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), which regulates data privacy across Canada. If you have any questions or concerns about the privacy of your information, please contact Universities Canada’s Privacy Officer by calling (613) 563-1236 or by writing to: Privacy Officer at 1710-350 Albert Street, Ottawa, ON K1R 1B1.
Below is an overview of how Universities Canada uses and shares applicants’ personal information.
Universities Canada only collects the information required to:
- process and review your scholarship application;
- select scholarship recipients; and
- disburse scholarship payments.
Universities Canada may also collect information from other sources listed in your application, such as your references or your school, if required.
In the course of administering your application, Universities Canada may share your personal information with Royal Bank of Canada, members of the scholarship selection committee, and/or contracted system administrators.
We will not use or share your information unless required or authorized by law, or unless we get your permission.
Universities Canada and/or Royal Bank of Canada may use your personal information to contact you in the future to make sure the scholarship is meeting its goals.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to access your personal information stored by Universities Canada at any time by contacting Scholarship Partners Canada. Universities Canada will also correct or make changes to your personal information upon request.
Universities Canada will retain the personal information you provide in your application in one of three ways:
- Personal information on unsubmitted applications will be deleted from the system after two years of inactivity.
- Personal information on unsuccessful applications will have personal identifiers pseudonymized after two years of inactivity.
- Personal information on successful applications where the recipient has received scholarship payments will be pseudonymized after seven years of inactivity.
Universities Canada will retain a permanent repository of pseudonymized data for the individuals indicated in #2 and #3 above for any given year for statistical purposes.
You may refuse to provide your personal information to Universities Canada. You may also withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that withdrawing your consent may make you ineligible for the scholarship and/or scholarship payments.
* I have read and agree with the above consent. I have also read the scholarship guidelines and understand the eligibility requirements for this program. I certify that all information provided in this application form and attached documents are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I understand that acceptance of this application or receipt of any scholarship/award issued to me may be revoked without notice if any information in this application is subsequently found to be false.